Gunther Philipp was ActorDoc, SuperSportsDoc and WriterDoc
From 1949 to 2002 he appeared as an actor in 147 movies for cinema and television, mainly in comic roles. As an author, Philipp wrote 21 film scripts.
During the Second World War, Philipp studied acting at the Max Reinhardt Seminar and at the University of Vienna philosophy majoring in psychology and then medicine. In 1943 he received his doctorate in medicine (Dr. med. univ.) After the war, he ran a practice in Eberstalzell in Upper Austria and was active until in the 1990s at the Vienna University Clinic for Neurology and Psychiatry.
In the fourties he founded a cabaret group „Die kleinen Vier“.
- Der Schuß durchs Fenster (1950)
- Ideal Woman Sought (1952)
- The Mine Foreman (1952)
- Josef the Chaste (1953)
- The Rose of Stamboul (1953)
- The Emperor Waltz (1953)
- The Cousin from Nowhere (1953)
- The Congress Dances (1955)
- The Count of Luxemburg (1957)
- Kindermädchen für Papa gesucht (1957)
- The Legs of Dolores (1957)
- The Girl Without Pyjamas (1957)
- Mikosch, the Pride of the Company (1958)
- Mikosch of the Secret Service (1959)
- Bombs on Monte Carlo (1960)
- The White Horse Inn (1960)
- Season in Salzburg (1961)
- Mariandl (1961)
- Mariandl’s Homecoming (1962)
- The Merry Widow (1962)
- Die Fledermaus (1962)
- The Phone Rings Every Night (1962)
- Charleys Onkel (1969)
- 1935 Austrian record 100 m breaststroke
- 1937 an Austrian record 100 m breaststroke
- 1938 Austrian record 100 m breaststroke 3 x.
- 1939 the Austrian record in the 100 m breaststroke (at the same time European year best performance: 1:11,3)
- 1939 academic world record at the German University Championships in Schrießheim Mannheim / year highs 100 m breaststroke (second in the world rankings)
- 1962 Austrian State Championship on Ferrari 250 GT
- 1963 Austrian State Championship on Ferrari GTO
- 1963 four times first in the Grand Prix of Austria (Zeltweg)
Decorations and awards
Honorary Medal of the Austrian capital Vienna in Gold
He has made films often at the Wachau area in Austria. This lead to the existence of the Gunther Philipp Museum at the Hotel Mariandl (see film above!) which has also been the place of the part Hofrat Geiger in Spitz an der Donau in Niederösterreich (Lower Austria).