Eli Newberger is WriterDoc, TubaDoc and PianoDoc
This video just shows he can do it both at the same time!
With his Dixie Band Jazz Tuber Trio he performe(d) every thursday in a Boston club for many years…..
Later the band changed to Eli & the Hot Six.
After Eli studied piano, organ, and theory at Juilliard and tuba with William Bell of the New York Philharmonic, he went to Yale, majoring in music theory and graduating as a Scholar of the House in Music.
Archive of Publications on Music
- The Medicine of The Tuba
- The Transition From Ragtime To Improvised Piano Style (PDF)
- The Development of New Orleans and Stride Piano Styles (PDF)
- Archetypes and Antecedents of Piano Blues and Boogie Woogie Style
- Refinement of Melody and Accompaniment in the Evolution of Swing Piano Style (PDF)
- Album Notes on the CD: Eli and the Hot 6+ Rebecca Sullivan: Contemporary Classic Jazz
- Eli’s Music and Ballet Criticism